The Osterville Village Library Hosts a Handful of Book Groups
Haney Book Group – Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:00 PM in the Library's History Room. This group is full and not accepting new members.
Feherbook group – Meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 10:00 AM in the Library's History Room. This group is full and not accepting new members.
McElligott book group – Meets the 1st Thursday of the month at 5:00 PM in the Library's History Room. This group is full and not accepting new members.
Stimets Book Group – Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month at 10:00 AM in the Library's History Room. This group is full and is not accepting new members.
Virtual cookbook group
We are all trying to do our part by staying at home and practicing social distancing. For many of us, this means trying to come up with interesting meals from our own kitchens with limited ingredients. Since we must be apart right now, let’s explore different cookbooks, cook, and share our experience together.
When does this group meet?
The group meets the 1st Wednesday of every month at 5:00 PM via Zoom.
Here is how it works:
1. A cookbook is selected by group members or by our staff and we reserve copies through CLAMS.
2. You can either pick-up your copy in person or call and have the cookbook checked out for curb-side pick-up.
3. Once you have a chance to peruse the selected cookbook…get cooking! Share a few photos of your gastronomic masterpiece with us and when we gather for our monthly Zoom happy hour we will share the pictures. We spend time talking about what we have cooked, discuss the recipes, make suggestions on adjustments/substitutions, and enjoy each other’s virtual company.
4. Don’t worry if you have never used Zoom…if you have a computer (or ipad, smartphone, etc.) with an internet connection and webcam we can walk you through setting it up.
5. Life is unpredictable right now, if you aren’t able to prepare one of the recipes and just want to attend the Zoom gathering…be our guest!
How do I sign up?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a copy of the cookbook of the month, more information, and Zoom link & password for the meeting.
Real Simple: Meals Made Simple by Renee Schettler
New England Open House Cookbook by Sarah Lee Chase
Smitten Kitchen: Every Day by Deb Perelman
Endless Summer by Katie Lee
Cape Cod Cookbook by Jerome Rubin
Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan
Skinny Taste Fast and Slow by Gina Homolka