Children's Programs & EventsPrograms & events in the Lillian Dixie Morton Children’s Library spark curiosity, creativity, and joy in our young patrons. For up-to-date program details, follow this link to the Osterville Village Library's Event Calendar.
Register here to participate in our 2020 Summer Reading Challenges!
- Log your reading and activities and earn badges along the way. Kids and teens may also write book reviews.
- Kids can read on their own or be read to by an adult, and are free to select their own reading materials including books, magazines, graphic novels and audio books ... any kind of reading counts!
- Some lucky readers in our Kids and Teens Summer Reading Challenge will even be eligible to win prizes at the end of the program!
- Readers in our adult challenge can broaden their horizons by completing 10 of our reading activities from a variety of genres.
- In order to participate in one of our summer reading challenges, patrons will be using our new Online Reading Tracking Software called Beanstack.
- Families or individuals can register at https://ostervillevillagelibrary.beanstack.org/ or by using the Beanstack Tracker App, that can be downloaded from either the iTunes Store or the Google Play Store. The app is built specifically for mobile phones.
- Readers can register in minutes as individuals or a family. Just sign up using your email address and create a password. One adult family member can register all the children in the family under one email address.
- Once your family is registered on Beanstack, depending on age/grade, you’ll be able to participate in our current challenge(s).
- If you have previously registered for Beanstack you may login using your existing account and join our challenge(s).
- All challenges begin on July 1, 2020.
- Kids & Teens Summer Reading Challlenge ends on August 31, 2020
- 10 to Try Summer Reading Challenge ends on September 30,2020.
Start your summer off right and join one of our Summer Reading Challenges!
Questions? email: email@example.com.
Summer reading is required for all students entering grades 1 through 12 in the Barnstable Public Schools. Here are links to the various grade levels from the BPS website: https://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us/domain/1047
Barnstable High School
Entering Grades 8-12
Barnstable United Elementary
Entering Grade 4 & 5
VIRTUAL STORYTIME with Wendy
DAY: WEDNESDAY MORNINGS
TIME: 10:00 AM
We’re making project-based learning the focus of our expanded literacy programming for school-age children. In future programs, every child will be able to build on his/her interests while enjoying books, media, and technology.