SERVICES FOR PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS
Kiddie Lit Book Club: Would you like to join a small group of parents and grandparents interested in the world of children’s book? We’ll facilitate the conversations, and find you the books/media/apps to talk about. Topics could include:
- What makes a good children’s book?
- What makes a good children’s app?
- How do I write or illustrate a children’s book?
CHOOSING GOOD CHILDREN'S BOOKS
WHAT SHOULD OUR CHILDREN BE READING?
Stop in and ask us about our bookslists:
- Early Chapter Books at OVL
- Fantasy Books for Children at OVL
- Mystery Books for Children at OVL
- Fairies, Mermaids, Unicorns & Princesses Books at OVL
- Cars & Trucks & Boats & Train Books at OVL
- Aargh! Pirate Books at OVL
Follow this link to go to our Services page, where you'll find:
- What should I read?
- Which books for which ages?
- Choosing "best books" for children and teens
- Storybooks online
- Not just for kids
- Author and Illustrator websites
Click here to find links to 2019 SUMMER READING LISTS from around the Cape & Islands
Visit Us! We like nothing better than to see grandparents and grandchildren enjoying our Children’s Room and Makerspace together; and we’re more than happy to talk with you about good children’s books!
Are your grandkids coming to visit? Are you traveling to visit them?
GrandKits: Contact us, tell us about your grandkids, and we’ll gather up a selection of books and media (DVDs, Books on CD, plus perhaps even a puzzle, game or STEM kit) put them in a GrandKits bookbag, and have the bag ready for you to borrow.
Museum Passes: Plan ahead and book passes to local museums.
Visit us! Before your grandkids visit, schedule a time to learn how to put some good children’s apps on your tablet or smartphone.